Coins are the main currency in the Goodgame Empire. The other currency is rubies which are the premium currency. Players can complete various tasks with coins such as recruiting soldiers. Coins are earned via collecting taxes, attacking and plundering Robber Baron Castles and also player castles, along with other methods.
There is a wide variety of ways for players to earn coins, these include:
- Collecting Taxes
- Completing quests
- Successfully attacking Robber Baron Castles and other NPCs.
- Successfully attacking Foreign castles, Bloodcrows, and other players.
- Successfully defending against enemy attacks
- Selling equipment
- Clicking on citizens' coin donations
- Daily login bonus
- The Wheel of Fortune
- Purchasing from the Traveling merchant or Gift peddler's wagon with rubies
- Purchasing from Event tents such as Nomads with event currency
- Purchasing from kingdom villages with kingdom resources
Similiar to rubies, players can purchase coins for real money however unlike rubies, there is only one denomination for purchase at £17.99 which is a "regular supply of gold for 6 weeks" resulting in 20,000 coins in total, which makes it very silly to do, as you can get nearly double (or about 2.35 times with a loot bonus) from defeating the Robber Baron Fortres as an L70.