The Dwelling is a building that determines your population. Dwellings can go up to Level 12, and can hold up to 85 citizens each. The more dwellings you have, and the higher the level they are at, will affect how high your population is. Population is the number of citizens you have in your castle or outpost. It increase your taxes and increase your armed citizen in your castle or outpost. The more armed citizen you have, the more guards in your castle. There are many ways to defend with armed citizen, the best is to put in your capital in Beyond the Horizon, and equipped with Son of the North castellan set, which nullify amongst of 32 attackers.
Pros and Cons
- Having a high population means that you will get more coins from the tax collector.
- It can nullify amongst of attackers if the attacker has only few soldiers and you have more armed citizens and strong castellan.
- It reduce your public order, that means it reduce your productivity of wood, stone and food buildings.
- If you are currently going through a food shortage, this will shorten the amount of time you have left before your soldiers get deserted.
- Most players get rid this building because it reduce your public orders, and nowadays many people can farm coins from any NPCs. Unless the player are focus on clearing daily task by collecting taxes.
- Even you upgrade to higher level, you have to pay attention the public order decrease a lot regardless of level. (-85 PO), so build more decorations to restore it.
However, if you plan on doing nothing in the Storm Islands, you can get a fair number of dwellings quickly, thus increasing the taxes earned without affecting Public Order elsewhere.